Assessment Answers – Ecommerce Analytics: From Data to Decisions
Update: Certificates for course Ecommerce Analytics: From Data to Decisions are not available now. You can pursue this course for self-study only.
The Ecommerce Analytics: From Data to Decisions Google Analytics course is open now. You can register for the same on Google Analytics Academy website. The course contains everything you need to understand and make better use of Google Analytics for any Ecommerce business. Go ahead and register for this course.
This course is as very much informative and well-thought out. The course is divided into 3 units, after completing every unit there is an assessment to test your knowledge and completing all assessments will earn you an online certificate.
I have posted answers to all assessments below but refer to them only when you are really stuck on a particular question. The assessment can be attempted many times and there is no time restriction as well. You should pursue the course for learning not just for a certificate.
Correct answers are marked bold.
Unit 1 Assessment answers
- You should always use the same dashboard to monitor your site’s performance, regardless of your business objectives and job role.
- Google Analytics allows you to copy and customize built-in segments or create your own customized segments for analysis.
- Sequence segments allow you to:
- analyze a subset of sessions with a specific sequence of pageviews
- analyze a subset of sessions with a specific sequence of pageviews and event interactions
- analyze a subset of users with a specific sequence of pageviews and event interactions
- analyze a subset of users with a specific sequence of traffic sources that bring them to your site across multiple sessions
- Given the data in the following report, which audience segment appears to be the most engaged based on bounce rate, time on site and pages per session?
- the Referral Traffic segment
- the Search Traffic segment
- the Direct Traffic segment
- All of the above segments appear to be equally engaged
- The Great Outdoors’ Marketing Director would like to create a segment that includes all users who have seen the summer promotion landing page during any session. Which of the following settings in the segment set-up would he have to change to create the correct segment?
- change the filter setting from “Sessions” to “Users”
- change the filter setting from “Include” to “Exclude”
- change the dimension setting from “Landing Page” to “Page Title”
- change the rule from “exactly matches” to “does not match”
Unit 2 Assessment answers
- Which of the following actions would you consider if you discovered one of your site’s paid traffic sources had a low ecommerce conversion rate?
- Stop investing in the source immediately.
- Start investing more in the source immediately.
- Investigate whether the traffic source contributes towards other site goals besides ecommerce conversions.
- Investigate whether the source has value in assisting conversions by using the Multi-Channel Funnels reports.
- Given the data in the following report, which two channels would benefit the most from coordinated marketing messaging because of their audience overlap?
- Paid Search & Social Network
- Paid Search & Display
- Email & Display
- Display & Social Network
- Given the data in the following report, which channel is the best at assisting ecommerce conversions relative to the number of last or direct click conversions it drove?
- Organic Search
- Social Network
- Given the data in the following report, which channel seems to be missing out on the most conversion credit when using the Last Click Interaction model versus the First Interaction or Linear conversion models?
- Organic Search
- Social Network
- Given the data in the following report, how would you adjust your advertising targeting to try reaching users who are more likely to convert?
- Use demographic targeting to reach female users
- Adjust demographic targeting bids higher for the 25-34 age range
- Use remarketing to customize ad messaging for new users versus returning users
Unit 3 Assessment answers
- In order to use the Enhanced Ecommerce reports, like the Product List Performance report and the Shopping Behavior Analysis report, you need to:
- open a new Google Analytics account
- have your developer implement Universal Analytics (analytics.js) on your site
- have your developer use the ec.js plugin to tag your site
- turn on Enhanced Ecommerce for your report views
- The Product List Performance report provides a list of products that you should stop selling on your site.
- Given the data in the following Product List Performance report, which product list and list position is the most efficient at driving product views for The Great Outdoors?
- Position 1 on the Homepage Promo list
- Position 1 on the Similar Products list
- Position 3 on the Homepage Promo list
- Position 3 on the Similar Products list
- Given the data in the following Product Performance report which product would you check first for issues with the product details page?
- 22 oz. Mini Mountain Bottle
- Travel Journal
- Organic Basic T-Shirt
- Men’s Heather T-Shirt
- Given the data in the following Checkout Behavior Analysis report, which step in the checkout process would be the best candidate for optimization based on it’s drop-off rate?
- Thank you for your time to read this post and please go ahead and complete this fantastic course.